Nothing special about the hardware, it is a basic P700 with 512Mb of memory. No special attachments or settings. This machine didn't want to boot to Windows for some reason. Windows 2000 or XP is not an option as this is an older machine and the performance will be less than fast.
I will be doing my normal backups on the server to CD and make a decision on one of the following things:
- Migrate the server to Linux and forego using the tax software.
- Buy a newer machine for the server and have Windows and cannibalize the P700 for parts.
- Buy a newer machine for the server and have Linux and cannibalize the P700 for parts.
- Rebuild the machine (again) with Windows98.
- Stock Windows 98, legit copy!
- Fully patched via Windows Update.
- No email.
- Browser is Firefox.
- Tax software.
- Only shared resources are the hard drive and the printer.
- No Games!