Sunday, May 01, 2016

Another campaign with virus/trojan laden emails


For the last couple of days I have been receiving a number of emails with file attachments.  They are from people I don't know and claiming I have unpaid invoices or they are coming from me with file attachments.  It doesn't matter, when I get email from unknown people with attachments I never open them.  When they are from me I know exactly every note I send myself and I don't open something I don't remember sending.  I checked a number of sites with the note information and found that they are full of nasty programs that will take over your computer.

Notes:

  • If you get email with an attachment from someone you don't know never indulge your curiosity by reading the file, delete the email, empty the trash.
  • If you get email from someone you know, but, are not expecting contact them first and verify that they actually sent the email.  Don't use any links inside, use your own contact list.  If they didn't send it, delete immediately and empty the trash.
  • If you get email that claims to be you and you don't remember sending it, delete immediately and empty the trash.
 
My ISP flagged them as SPAM.

Example text of their claiming you owe them money.  Actually trojan laden attachment.

No comments: