Monday, February 04, 2008

Linux Canadian Income Tax - Update 2

I am on a roll going through sites for Canadian Individual Income Tax Software. The next site I tried is TaxFreeway and it was very easy (one click) to see what is supported. On the down-side it is only Windows and Mac, but, I don't have to waste time trying to find that out. It is also only one click to find out an email address to send any questions to. This is a much easier site to navigate and keeps to the KISS principle of design.

The third site is Taxtron and like TaxFreeway it is a joy to navigate. The first page allows for individual or professional. The next page right up allows you to pick either Windows or Mac. I selected windows and went to the tech support option. They have a nice and short web based option to allow you to ask a questions. Again, this is a easily navigated site and in a few clicks I can find the information I am looking for.

The fourth (and last) site I looked at is UFile. Right at the bottom of the page is a contact option. When I go there I am presented with a online web form that will allow me to ask questions. Again, fast and easy to find how to ask them questions. Unfortunately it appears that they are Windows only, but, I could find that quickly and easily. In their FAQ area they are upfront in that they support only Windows at this time. This information took me only one minute to find. On the upside they do have an online version that appears to support Linux (using Mozilla based browsers).

No comments: