Monday, February 04, 2008

Linux Canadian Income Tax - Update 1

Today I started to look to see if some of the makers of tax software support linux. I have spent the last 20 minutes trying to go through Intuit's site to see what O/S is supported. So far I have found absolutely nothing on what is supported, all of my links lead me in a circle and when I try to figure out how to send them a note asking a question I go into the same loop. Come on people, make it easy for us to send you a note asking a question and step firmly on the necks of the marketing people who seem to make the site into one huge advertisement.

When you have a clickable link for a contact give the person an option to at least fill in a web form with their question and how the company can reply back. If anyone is reading this from Intuit keep this in mind,
I write programs and online systems for a living and your site makes it impossible for an computer expert to find how to contact you.
If I have a problem with the site how is an average computer user going to navigate your site?

I finally found their online forums after 25 minutes of going in circles. I did a search for 'Linux' and the only thing I could find is that there is a QuickTaxWeb and not a native Linux version.

No comments: