Sunday, November 27, 2005

Playing games with phishers

I just received another phishing attempt in an email that purports to be from Paypal. I forwarded the email, but, this time I was a bit bored so I decided to have a bit of fun with phishers.

Email address: EatShit@die
Password: eatshitanddie
Name: Yousef R Screwed
Address: 24 Sussex, Ottawa

Believe it or not they accepted the above without verifying that @die is not a valid domain. I decided to have fun with the information that they asked for. I had a lot of fun filling in bogus information. I really hope they try to use the information and see how screwed over they will be afterwards. For those of you who are not Canadian the address is the residence of the Prime minister.

The system came back and prompted me for a valid address so I used EatShit@die.com and it accepted.

No comments: