Saturday, September 03, 2005

My Desktop


I know it is boring, but, you can see what my desktop looks like.

For those of you who are still running Windows it looks close to what you are running. The desktop is called KDE and if you are able to work in Windows you can easily navigate this (or Gnome, XFCE, etc). At the bottom kicker is running, this is your Start menu and task bar. If you look towards the right side of the bottom you will see 1, 2, 3, 4. These are the virtual desktops. I setup for just 4. This allows me to organize my screens in whatever fashion I want. When I start my heavy duty work I can have the browser & email on one desktop, music playing on another, the P2P program on the third and the CD burner running on 4. It makes it much easier for me to work.

When you look at the right hand side you will see an application called GKRELLM. This allows me to monitor how the system is running and what applications are taking up the CPU. It also has realtime weather monitor along with other toys.

No comments: