Saturday, August 26, 2006

New PCLinuxOS Version

Texstar at PCLinuxOS has released V0.93 of the distribution that I run here at home for my machine/server. I have downloaded the ISO image of this and I will be burning the CD in the next few days.

I will be playing with the live CD before installing to see how it works on the system. I have no doubts that it is as solid as V0.92, but, I think it would be prudent to test first as this is my main machine.

There are other versions available if you don't want to download and check out the complete version. You can go to PCLinuxOS to get more information on this excellent distribution.


In a related topic Mandriva has released a beta version of Mandriva Linux 2007. My wife and daughter are using that distribution on their machines as they like the selection of games. You can go to Mandriva for the news release.

No comments: